Scripps Ranch, San Diego, California
Scripps RanchÂ is a community ofÂ San Diego, CaliforniaÂ in the northeastern part ofÂ that city. ItsÂ ZIP codeÂ is 92131. It is located east ofInterstate 15, North ofÂ Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, and South ofÂ Poway.
Scripps Ranch is a coastal/inlandÂ bedroom communityÂ within the City of San Diego.Â Miramar ReservoirÂ is located within Scripps Ranch and offers recreational boating and fishing. A unique feature of Scripps Ranch is its landscaping, which includes many matureÂ eucalyptusÂ trees that are most apparent along Pomerado Road.
San Diego Fire StationÂ 37 on Spring Canyon Road
Scripps Ranch was originally a 400 acre (1.6Â kmÂ²) ranch owned by newspaper publisherÂ E.W. Scripps. He later expanded it to 1,200Â acres (4.9Â km2).
In October 2003, a section of south Scripps Ranch was devastated by theÂ Cedar Fire, destroying over 300 homes.
An elected planning group, the Scripps Ranch Planning Group, advises the city on local issues.
According to the San Diego County Assessor’s Officeâ€™s 2008 estimates,Â there were 32,476 people residing in the neighborhood, an increase of 15.9% from 2000. The racial makeup of the neighborhood was 71%Â White, 15%Â AsianÂ &Â Pacific Islander, 7.8%Â Hispanic, 3.7% fromÂ other races, 2.4%Â African American, and .01%Â American Indian. The neighborhood is diverse in age with 27% under 18 and 8% over 65. TheÂ median ageÂ was 39.5. There were 2.78 persons per household. TheÂ median household incomeÂ was $124,438; 46% of the 11,661 households made $100,000 or more and 7% made $29,999 or less.
This is the sign on the corner of Scripps Poway Parkway and Srcripps Summit Drive. The shopping center is one of the biggest in the community.
The community is served by theÂ San Diego City Schools.
- E.B. Scripps
- Miramar Ranch
Junior high schools
- Thurgood Marshall
Colleges and universities
- Alliant International University
- John Paul the Great Catholic University- temporarily at leased site with intent to move later.
- Shawne MerrimanÂ (All-ProÂ Linebacker,Â San Diego Chargers)
- Stephen CooperÂ (Linebacker,Â San Diego Chargers)
- Jacques CesaireÂ (Defensive end,Â San Diego Chargers)
- Chris ChambersÂ (Wide Receiver,Â San Diego Chargers)
- Ben LeberÂ (Linebacker for theÂ Minnesota Vikings)
- Kellen WinslowÂ (Hall of FameÂ Tight end,Â San Diego Chargers)
- Kellen Winslow Jr.Â (All-Pro Tight end,Â Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
- Gary Plummer (football)Â (FormerÂ NFLÂ Linebacker)
- Adam BrodyÂ (Actor, Former Resident)
- Samuel H. ScrippsÂ (Philanthropist in Theatre and Dance, Former Resident)
- Terry CrewsÂ (Actor, Former Resident)
- Jerry TrainorÂ (Actor, Former Resident)
- Brandon Call, (Actor, Former Resident)